Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Fuck you, Pay me

Have you ever been at work and you think to yourself "I should be gettin more money for all the shit I do!"? And then right after you process that thought your punk ass supervisor, who NEVER speaks to you, comes up and gives you a compliment on your work.

Oh wow! Did you figure that out on your own?! It would have taken me forever to think of that. So you wanna work late today?

The way the economy is, no one is far from lucky to have a job right now and employers know this. So what they do is hire you under the false illusion that you are going to be working your way into a position that actually uses your skills and talents while also getting a nice heavy paycheck to accompany that hard work. When really, your getting hired at the entry level position that never seems to require you to do much more then count down the hours until you can take off that business casual outfit you got from Walmart the day before ur interview and go home. There won't be any openings for you to move up (no matter how often they say there will be), there will be no reviews to see how you have been doing which means no raise. You are going to sit and get comfortable where you are and be too scared to leave because you are trying to feed your seed or just yourself.

People are being taken advantage of in todays work force, cooperate world especially. They want you to go out n buy new attire for the position but you are getting paid less than what u can make at In 'n' Out?! What kinda shit is that... In my situation I am being used to do something my boss feels can't be done by anyone else, she doesn't want to risk putting someone else in that spot who might drop the ball. So you would think I was gettin a pretty decent chunk of change since I am so indispensable right? Wrong! Once I bring up the idea of me leaving or transferring, all of a sudden I am not eligible for transfer.

Is it just me or do I seem pretty stuck right now???

I don't kiss the CEO's ass for more money or try to see who can hook me up on the inside. If that was the case I would just call up some of the boys and start hustlin' again. I am wearing this fuck'n tie for a reason, because it seems to keep you out of jail and from getting pulled over (as much)! Fuck you, pay me if you want me to take on more responsibilities, if you want me to stay late, if you want this to be my life.

But I bite my tongue and just sit back in the black because the more attention I bring to myself the harder I make it for all of US at the job. They make an example out of one....who's next?

Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

No comments:

Post a Comment